Wednesday 25 December 2013

Give Love



It's Christmas!
I always look forward to this day, each year, for I have some wonderful memories of the beautiful Christmas evenings spent with my family and friends. But this time nothing seems appealing to me, and as I sit and write this, the Christmas tree in the corner of my house fails to brighten my mood.

Because I am trapped in my own mind and these deep thoughts create a commotion that is making me restless. My best friend lost a very good friend day before yesterday. A miserable road accident. Even though I am going along with my regular schedule, it hasn't gone off my mind since I found out. I would hear stories about him all the time, about his jolly behaviour and his kind nature and how he would make everyone laugh. Even though I never had the opportunity to meet him, I have known him so well from these stories told to me by my best friend and a couple of her friends, that it feels like I knew him personally. With the news, the dark memories of losing 2 of my close friends in a similar accident about 4 years back, flashed through my head. Nights have been restless, for emotions have always dominated my mind and nature. Such tragic incidents seem to leave a drastic impact on me. And then I have been thinking, how difficult it must be for these friends and more importantly his family, what a devastating phase. My heart goes out to them.

As they say, Life goes on, it definitely does. But now and then, the absence of these loved ones, causes a heartbreak. And amidst the hustle and bustle of a busy life, you stop and think of them, take a stroll down the memory lane, and wonder how great it would have been if they were still around. Well, Only if life were that easy and kind.

What am I trying to say here is that, take out a moment to express your feelings to the ones you love, and the ones you care about. Life is beautiful but isn't always easy. But we can surely make it better by being kind to each other. A few kind words, a gesture of goodwill, and a lot of love can make life very happy and beautiful.

Give Love On Christmas Day, because Christmas is the day when Jesus Christ was born. Jesus Christ, who taught us to live with peace, harmony and to be kind, and most importantly, to love each other.

Wishing you the timeless treasure of Christmas. The Warmth of home, the love of family, and the company of good friends. Have a blessed and meaningful Christmas.


"Never a Christmas Morning
Never the Old Year ends
But Someone thinks of Someone
Old Days, Old Times, Old Friends"




"Rest in peace Aarav"
- someone you never knew

No comments:

Post a Comment