Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Longing Drapes



Presenting the very first video on Razzle Dazzle Pickle! :D
*sodamnexcited*

Photography, Videography and Post Processing :
Debjyoti Das | thatPhotographerwithHeadphones

Track : 'Longing' by Karsh Kale



I hope the new year has been treating you all well. For me, it has been beautiful so far! :)
And the month of January brings a lot of festivals, festivals with different names but all of them bringing people together to celebrate the harvest season, also welcoming spring.

I am blessed to have lovely friends from different parts of the country, with different cultures, and thus getting a wonderful chance to be a part of these beautiful celebrations. And such a pretty days it was Lohri recently. You must already know how exciting the very thought of Indian Ethnic for me is! :D

So, the previous night was spent researching about the kind of drapes I could do, as I love experimenting with Sarees. That's when Mr. Photographer Debjyoti decided to help me, by combining two cultures that he is familiar with, Gujarati and Bengali. Given that I wear Saree only a few times in the year, I choose not to repeat one, but then this saree (worn here previously) is a love of mine, the color, the weave pattern, everything is so complementing. And then also, someone told me recently, to 'repeat Sarees, as they get more gracious, the more you wear them'. :)
So, this is how it turned out to be, a mix of Bengali dhoti and Gujarati pallu! :D

Wearing this gorgeous Velvet blouse I recently purchased from Splash, had been meaning to own a velvet blouse for so long. Yay! :D
In accessories I am wearing a few golden bangles and these pretty earrings from Mzuri. Crafted from brass rings, this pair takes its inspiration from traditional woven patterns, creating a perfect harmony. Named 'Shaba', the earrings feature a hook fastening with a drop down chain link and coin discs. I have discussed and donned Mzuri products in past, see here
See more products from Mzuri.












On the day of Lohri. :)


Saree : Kollegal, Karnataka
Velvet Blouse : Splash, Bangalore
Earrings : Mzuri | SHOP
Sandals and Bangles: Myntra
Lipcolor : Peach Crush by Colorbar
Nailcolor : FairyTale by Oriflame

4 comments:

  1. Amazing first video Ritu..very charming I must say, and do look forward for more! And really like how you twist your look with sarees, from draping to colors to styling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ! Very good photos !
    There are two contests on my blog if you want to participate :D
    Kisses <3

    http://www.theladyjersey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion. :)
      I am checking out your blog right now. :D

      xx

      Delete